Monday 5 March 2018



Right then, back into it. Just had a really busy weekend firstly at the MNZ board meeting at Hampton Downs and then the Motofest. What a weekend eh? It just goes to show that with a little effort ( a lot actually), what an event can be had. Here's to Paul Traecy and  The Long Lunch forum for doing something that was absolutely fantastic. It seems that the racing was even better this weekend for some reason. Great to see all sorts of events around the track happening with Trials demonstrations, Rock Star levi Sherwood knack knacking his trade 30-40 feet in the air, trail rides and then the legends in pit lane. The crackling TR500 of Phil Paynes really took me back to an era that , well we have simply forgotten. Tom Dermody bringing out his bikes was just a real pleasure. Pity about the Aprilia, but the risk you take when you put a bike on the track is just that....a risk. Had a great weekend with The Lizards just enjoying the event and catching up with many many old friends. There is a persistent rumor that it will become a permanent fixture for the foreseeable future. I just hope that the rest of clubs around the country will have a look at this and perhaps do some discovery on how to put an event on that actually attracts people. The people that i met that had never been to a meeting were blown away by how fast, exciting and professional it is.
I was also blown away by the amount of people that i have never met, came up to me and thanked me for this little corner of the world wide web, so thank you for being so kind as to take the time to seek me out, I really do appreciate all your thoughts and comments. Didn't meet anyone from TAG however, but they will find me out I am sure.































































 The beggining of the Long Lunch ride, had a great day, the GT went like a bomb, really liking this motorcycle.









 Aaron Slight getting it on in the hairpin, his wheelies are still a thing of wonder and beauty to see.
 You don't often get to see two together, but there they were.






























































































Mah perrdy liddle KTM Superduke GT.







The Long Lunch......again

I had one exactly the same, a guy in Wellington saw it and then proceeded to paint his identical, pissed off or what














Enough to make a grown man cry.....










We live in a blessed part of the world that's for sure.















And jsut to finish off, some of my own images of this weekend just gone, Lizards every one of them.

Phil Payne, doing what they used to do...ohhh years ago

 A quiet start to the evening

The Gala dinner started well
 The Aprilia didn't start well at all afetr this
 Lounge Lizards, there's quite a few influential people in this group now, and this is where the ideas come from and the doing starts



 I said before it's not often that you see two together, but here's three of them. Makes you wonder what the very first Britten is worth these days.
 Lizard extraordinaire Peter Cross, you've probably never heard of this guy.................................

And with the last sausage on the barbie, that is this this weeks installment for you all. Hope you enjoyed it.

Post Script. I've had to throw my hat int he ring yet again to stay on the board of MNZ. I am not inclined to do this , but would appreciate your input as to whether I should stay or should I go now ( sounds like a song). But I had some people in the weekend tell me to stay, and now I don't know what to do. I've put this comment at the end because I'm not one to blow my own horn, and if you made it this far I may as well bore you a little.; If you do want me to continue I'll throw my hat back in the ring, send emails to grant.vinten@gmail.com with your thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. I don't believe we've met but anyone who posts such a fine collection of pictures should be on the board!
    Agree Motofest was a fantastic event. Was only my second ever race and had an absolute blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man of you talents Grant I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, as always. And as others have said, do it!

    ReplyDelete